The Central Library of Trine University was set up in the year 1999. In the present cutting edge learning condition, the ‘Focal Library’ as a learning asset is taking up progressively increasingly the scholastic reality in the life of a student. The library is the core of our scholastic establishment. With the headway of data and correspondence innovations, the library is attempting its best to adjust to mechanical progression. The nature of administrations and client collaboration in the library is rich, lively and upgrade as it has a sound blend of individuals with a fluctuated foundation. An adventure towards the future with cautious coordination and arranging is the sign of this library defying the difficulties of globalization. At present, the library has more than fifty-five thousand volumes. The library is additionally rich with non-print materials like CD and DVDs, e-ventures and so forth. To give the kind of national and outside distributions to the understudies and employees, the library has sorted out book presentations every once in a while.
The primary mission of the library is to support the educational and research programs of the institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the institute. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, the library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the faculty and student community of the institute. The secondary mission is, to serve as a resource centre for the students and faculty members of the institute.
In addition to the general books, Book Bank facility is also available in the library. A student can borrow four book bank books in addition to four general books for lending purpose.
The Digital Library Archives has been started by the central library by using Greenstone Digital Library Software. It is situated in the 1st year Building within a 1500 Sq. ft. carpet area with 45 PC machines with well equipped modern facilities.
Library At A Glance
- Year of Establishment: 1999
- Library open: Monday – Saturday
- Total Collection: More than 55000
- Carpet Area (in sq. ft.): 4222.56 Sqft + 1600 Sq ft (Book Bank Extn.)
- Number of Staff : (a) Professional : 2 (b) Non-professional : 6
- Library Access: Open Access & Closed Access
- Average Number of Users visited daily: 550
- Average Number of daily transaction: 650
- Library Security system: Manual
- Status of Automation: Full
- Library Management Software: LIBSYS LSEase 5.0
- Digital Library Software: Greenstone Digital Library Software
- Library Classification System: DDC 23rd Edition